Wednesday, October 6, 2010

reguarding faith..

I was tripped out too, when we first moved to oklahoma...the ONLY religion i knew about was Catholicism. THE ONLY! I was not super religious growing up, as my parents were dirty hippies...and my grandma was the only one i knew who went to church (for show) I am like brenda in the fact, that most christians i know are a-holes. But i also (now) believe that thats b/c they are humans..living in this human world..and we are none perfect. i had absolutely nooo clue about mormons, or buddists. that was wacky stuff to me. i had alot of crappy stuff happen to me growing up, so as soon as i could, I gave God the finger..I lived in horrible sin. whether you were a christian or not, that was plain to see. it wasnt until i was literally a homeless meth addict when i broke down and asked God for help. In the rain, with a bloody nose, and nothing else to give whatsoever. Thats how i "came to God' The next morning (litterally) I had a court date and got sentenced to 10 yrs DOC (possession and false impersonation). in prison I read the bible like a BOOK. a regular one. it was the only thing in my cell. I read it three times in two days. it was filled with hope, crazy ideas of living, scary challenges i didnt know if i was women enough to take..I had alot of time on my hands, and i started (like i said earlier) looking into the historical side of this "jesus." He was a real ligit dude. and slowly (VERY, as i am a doubter by nature) came to start believing in the bible, not people...but the 'living word' I really really started to see something happening in my life. I dont wanna weird you out, but i completely 100% believe that God had his hand on me when i went to prison, and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. As a believer i see the things God is doing for me. I feel chosen, like i was meant for something greater here on earth, i am in total security that i can trump any issue that has been handed to me. Also, i feel convicted about certain things. God does not talk to me. at least audibly anyway. but when i read..things stick out, when i get a feeling in the pit of my stomach, i know that's the holy spirit giving me wisdom. i feel like my life is a treasure map for me to find the greatness God has in store for me (both here, and in heaven) I hope that tabi will fell that sense of security one day. I told you this, b/c you know me, and i am not a "Jesus-freak" i come from a long line of non believers, and hypocrite drug users. I am not a perfect sin free person, and i am not someone anyone would really even care to listen to...which makes me the perfect person to tell you about my personal story with my God. I hope that knowing this, you can make an educated dicision to simply not be close-minded to the idea of the mere truth of the bible. love you chica.

No comments: